Role and Responsibilities
Powder coats all welding sub-assemblies prior to being assembled into finished product. Involves preparation of sub-assemblies by washing and priming before powder coating process.
· Thoroughly prime and powder all machine parts by operating a spray powder to apply industrial powder finish on metal products.
· Responsible for keeping to work schedule as defined while remaining flexible to meet unplanned work changes
· Maintains log of powdered machine parts
· Ensure that quantities of parts are correct to complete machine runs
· Maintain powder inventory and turn in requisitions to Purchasing Dept. every Friday
· Ensure that racks in powder room are free of build-up; strip and replace tape as necessary
· Keep equipment (i.e. powder guns, filters, etc.) and powder room maintained and in good operating condition.
· Communicate with supervisory and management personnel daily
· Other duties as assigned (Production Washer either on a scheduled rotating basis or as needed due to vacations, illness, etc.)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Incumbent shall have a High School diploma and prior relevant work experience or vocational training. Must have knowledge of powders used for various applications and components and able to work under supervision.
• Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work around fumes (strong)
• Ability to stand up to 8 hours per day
• Perform routine bending from waist
• Ability to use arms/hands
• Strong work ethic
• Good attendance/punctuality
• Ability to talk and hear frequently
• Ability to walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, etc.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms
• Ability to work around moving mechanical parts, equipment
Personal protective Equipment:
• Shoot suit
• Steel-toed shoes
• Respirator (2001-00 Air Unit w/ CO2 monitor and 9818-00 supplied air hood) – operator must have respirator mask checked for proper fit once per year by PEG
A warehouse setting with concrete floors may also be presented. The temperature will vary with the seasons (hot/cold). The use of stairs may be necessary, yet an elevator is available. The noise level is loud.
Location: Frederick, MD
Position Type: Full-time
HR Contact: Cindy Malone
Hours/Week: 40 hours/Monday-Friday
Daily Schedule: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Applications Accepted By: Equipment Development Co., Inc
All applications MUST be signed by applicant in order to be considered for review.
FAX OR E-MAIL:
1-800-447-3326 or Malone@edcoinc.com
Attention: Cindy Malone
Equipment Development Co., Inc
Attn: Cindy Malone
100 Thomas Johnson Drive
Frederick, MD 21702-4600