Role and Responsibilities
Constructs and welds subassemblies from detailed layout drawings.
• Weld a variety of machines daily
• Complete tasks as directed by production schedules with minimum supervision
• May work at different workstations during the welding process
• Operate a forklift as needed
• Support other departments when asked or as required
• Maintain inventory levels on welded parts in grocery store/meets deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Incumbent shall have a High School diploma and prior relevant work experience or vocational training. Must demonstrate proficiency in Mig, Tig and Stick methods of welding.
• Ability to read parts prints and solve routine math problems
• Occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs.
• Ability to stand 8 hours per day
• Routine bending from waist to perform welding tasks
• Routine bending and squatting to get parts from pallets and to return finished parts to pallet
• Ability to follow directions
• Strong work ethic and good attendance/punctuality
• Ability to hear/talk frequently
• Ability to reach as well as walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, etc.
• Ability to work around fumes, sparks and moving mechanical parts
• Abides by company policy on matters related to civil rights of employees (e.g., sexual harassment, ethnic harassment, etc.)
Personal protective Equipment:
• Welding Helmet and Burning Glasses
• Leather gloves and apron
• Steel-toed shoes
• Ear plugs
A warehouse setting with concrete floors may also be presented. The temperature will vary with the seasons (hot/cold). The use of stairs may be necessary, yet an elevator is available. The noise level is loud.
Location: Frederick, MD
Position Type: Full-time
HR Contact: Cindy Malone
Hours/Week: 40 hours/Monday-Friday
Applications Accepted By: Equipment Development Co., Inc
All applications MUST be signed by applicant in order to be considered for review.
FAX OR E-MAIL:
1-800-447-3326 or Malone@edcoinc.com
Attention: Cindy Malone
Equipment Development Co., Inc
Attn: Cindy Malone
100 Thomas Johnson Drive
Frederick, MD 21702-4600